Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
Red Hat is the world's most trusted open source provider and the most recognized Linux brand in the world. The company offers a long-term plan for building infrastructures on the quality and innovation of open source, combining the leading open source operating system platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, together with applications, management and Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions, including the JBoss Enterprise Middleware Suite.
The operating system provides a solid foundation for controlling, building and managing servers running a wide range of applications.
- Simplified security management, reducing costs and skills necessary to ensure highly secure environments
- Efficient hardware resource utilization and improved application throughput
- Improved/accelerated application development, debugging and performance analysis
- Improved desktop end-user experience
- Automated configuration of networks and graphics
- Excellent interoperability with existing Unix and Microsoft® Windows®
- Excellent performance, security, scalability and availability, with audited industry benchmarks
- Thousands of certified applications from Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)
- Comprehensive para-virtualization and full virtualization capabilities enabling multiple operating systems—Red Hat and third party—to run on the same system
- Open source technologies rigorously tested and matured through the Red Hat sponsored Fedora project