WebMatrix is a no-cost Web development tool from Microsoft that includes everything needed for website development. Start from open source web applications, built-in web templates or just start writing code yourself. It's all-inclusive, simple, and best of all, free. WebMatrix was built to streamline Web development and make it easy.
Simply pick your SoftLayer server, select Microsoft Windows Server as the operating system and add WebMatrix as an OS-Specific Add-on. Once the server is provisioned, the Microsoft WebMatrix client can be downloaded through a link in the Customer Portal.
Simple and Synch
- Uses the Web server, database engine and desktop framework, ensuring a smooth and seamless transition from development to production.
- Greatly reduces steps required for setting up, configuring and publishing applications.
- Provides local version with synch utility for additional flexibility, control and backup.
- Integrates Visual Studio into user workflow and leverages features such as debugging and profiling.
- Bridges all the key components needed to create, run and deploy a website by integrating a rich code editor, a database editor, Web server management, Search Engine Optimization, FTP publishing and more.
- Allows developers to code, test and deploy both ASP.NET and PHP applications side –by-side.
- Allows management of multiple end user websites and applications from a single administration interface.
Open Source Web Application Access
Rapidly select, deploy and customize Web applications with WebMatrix. You can access popular and free open source applications including DotNetNuke, Umbraco, WordPress and Joomla. Applications can be easily accessed from the built-in gallery, and WebMatrix handles the downloading and installation of the new website. Hand editing of configuration files and component sourcing is eliminated.
Simple Coding and Customization