Riak big data with a bare metal backbone.
You choose Riak when you want a flexible, fault-tolerant, distributed, ops-friendly big data environment. You choose to host Riak on SoftLayer when you want it to perform consistently at peak performance.
When your focus is on generating, analyzing, and storing a huge volume of data, you shouldn't have to worry about whether your infrastructure will be able to keep up with your business.
Use our solution designer to mix and match engineered server Configurations to meet
your application's current needs, and easily add or remove hardware resources on demand with no long-term
contracts as those needs change. Deploy one server or a cluster, in one data center or all
over the world.
Engineered Server Configurations
In partnership with Basho, SoftLayer engineers developed base bare metal server
configurations that feature the ideal ratios of processing power, RAM, and storage, with Riak or Riak
Enterprise and an optimized CentOS64 distribution installed. Your entire environment can be configured,
ordered, and provisioned with only a few clicks in about two hours, and billed by the month or by the year
with no long-term contracts. Click the Design Your Solution button above and use our unique design-and-build
tool to begin creating your Riak deployment.
Single 4-core 1270
Dual 6-core 5670
4x300GB 15K SAS
16GB or 32GB
72GB or 128GB
600GB 15k SAS or 400GB SSD
Monthly price per server
To build your Riak environment on SoftLayer, use our solution designer.
Riak Support Subscription
In addition to SoftLayer support of your infrastructure, Riak solutions can be
ordered with Riak Enterprise edition and Basho Riak Enterprise Standard Support. You'll get access to
insight and assistance from the company that created Riak, helping reduce costs, accelerate resolution,
and streamline operations. Subscription costs are billed by SoftLayer in the same invoice as your entire
* Discounted annual support subscriptions are also available.
Per Node / Per Month*
1 to 10
11 to 20
21 to 50
51 to 100
Riak Enterprise provides:
- Multi-Data Center Replication: Riak Enterprise features two options for multi-data center replication: full sync and real-time sync. With full sync, replication of data occurs at scheduled intervals (default interval is six hours) between two clusters. With real-time sync, replication to the secondary data center(s) is triggered by updates to the primary data center.
- Cascading Real-time Writes: Riak Enterprise includes a feature that cascades real-time writes across multiple clusters. This gives operators the choice as to whether or not all writes are replicated to all datacenters. Cascading Real-time Writes is enabled by default on new clusters running Riak Enterprise. On existing clusters, it will need to be manually enabled.
- Extended Monitoring: Riak Enterprise supports both SNMP, shipping with an SNMP server built in, and JMX monitoring.
Riak Enterprise Standard Support provides:
- 24x7 Professional Support: 24x7 support through an always-available ticket system, as well as a private team chat and phone access for resolving urgent issues.
- Basho Professional Services: Engage Basho Professional Services for a range of Riak services, including planning, installation, deployment, development, and operations team training, data migration services, testing, and more.