Through WebsiteSpark, a new global program, designed by Microsoft to help small professional Web development and design service companies succeed, SoftLayer is able to provide new business opportunities, support and training, and software tools – at no upfront cost. WebsiteSpark provides professional Web development and design companies with an innovative vehicle to get access to:
- Business Opportunities: Expand your reach and customer touchpoints and expose your services to the broad set of Microsoft customers and partners. Benefit from marketing activities to drive demand towards your portfolio of Web solutions.
- Support and training: Get dedicated support from peers around the world—agencies, developers, and designers who will provide a wide range of support resources. Receive free online training, and webinars to assist you in your learning journey
- Software and solutions: Receive fast, easy, and immediate access to current full-featured Microsoft development tools, platform technologies, and production licenses of server products to develop and bring to market differentiated, innovative, and rich Internet sites and applications. Improve your productivity through ready-to-use and customizable solutions.
Microsoft WebsiteSpark is designed to ignite the success of professional Web developers and designers by driving new business opportunities through connections with global partners and customers. WebsiteSpark also provides Web professional companies with Microsoft tools and hosting solutions, as well as the support and training they need. There is no upfront cost to enroll in Microsoft WebsiteSpark.
In addition to technology, support and training from Microsoft, WebsiteSpark is designed to build a global ecosystem of service providers and other partners, peers, and influencers, who together have the technical and business resources to effectively address the unique business development challenges that Web development and design companies face.
WebsiteSpark directly connects Web development and design companies with organizations focused on helping them, or Network Partners. Network Partners are active members of the local software ecosystem, who promote and support software-based Web sites and businesses, through hosting or other business services, technical and business advice, networking, mentoring, peer connections, or other resources and services.
SoftLayer WebsiteSpark available products include:
- Windows® Web Server 2008
- Windows® Web Server 2008 R2
- SQL Server® 2008 Web Edition
Eligibility requirements for startups include:
- A professional service firm whose primary business is providing Web development and design services for its clients.
- No more than 10 members (including owners and employees) at the time of joining.