Virtual Private Network
There are three ways you can connect to the management network.
Connect via SSL VPN
Log in to Virtual Private Network and enter your username and password to create a private SSL tunnel to the management network.
Connect using PPTP VPN
Follow the instructions in our Customer Portal.
Connect via IPSEC VPN
For an additional fee you can have an IPSEC VPN connection from your office network to the management network. Contact Sales for more information.
Once connected with either method, you will be granted access to your private VLAN which will allow you to connect to your server(s) private IP address via SSH, terminal services, or other server control type applications. Each user must have the appropriate VPN access type enabled to connect, also located inside our customer portal.
Use VPN to access:
- SoftLayer Customer Portal
- SoftLayer Community Forums
- SoftLayer Website
- Custom File Downloads
OS Requirements for SSL VPN
- Windows® XP/7/8 - IE using Active X, Firefox using Java
- Mac OS X - Safari and Firefox using Java
- Most Linux Desktop OSes - Firefox using Java
OS Requirements for PPTP VPN
- Windows® XP/7/8 - Built-in PPTP Client
- Mac OS X - Built-in PPTP Client
- Most Linux OSes - Open PPTP Client