SoftLayer™ Introduces Private Cloud Services
Private Cloud Gives Customers Dedicated, Scalable Infrastructure
Dallas—October 19, 2009—SoftLayer Technologies™, the innovative on-demand data center services provider, has continued to enhance its service offering with the addition of Private Cloud services. With CloudLayer™ Private Cloud services, customers do not share physical computing hardware with other users. This gives customers the privacy of dedicated hardware with the scalability of the cloud.When combined with the SoftLayer Private Network, which is available with all SoftLayer computing environments, customers can utilize the Private Cloud to not only run their applications in an isolated environment, but also transmit data securely. SoftLayer Private Cloud services are ideally suited for enterprise customers that require a dedicated environment rather than shared infrastructure. As with all SoftLayer CloudLayer services, Private Cloud is available on an hourly or monthly basis.“We’re extremely excited to introduce Private Cloud services to our customers. Private Cloud gives Softlayer customers yet another dynamic, scalable infrastructure option,” said Nathan Day, CTO, SoftLayer. “This will provide a service with segregated physical computing hardware giving customers security and peace of mind with the benefits of unlimited, on-demand scalability.”Private Cloud customers can select the number of cores needed to adapt to workloads and capacity required, with their choice of hourly and monthly rates:
- 1 Core - 1GB RAM - 100GB SAN - $159.00 Monthly + 2000GB or $0.30 Hourly + $0.10/GB Bandwidth
- 2 Core - 2GB RAM - 100GB SAN - $199.00 Monthly + 2000GB or $0.50 Hourly + $0.10/GB Bandwidth
- 4 Core - 4GB RAM - 100GB SAN - $299.00 Monthly + 2000GB or $0.75 Hourly + $0.10/GB Bandwidth
- 8 Core - 8GB RAM - 100GB SAN - $399.00 Monthly + 2000GB or $1.00 Hourly + $0.10/GB Bandwidth
- Pay As You Go or Monthly Packages: Monthly billing is based on hourly usage or monthly plans with no long-term commitment, letting customers optimize their return on technology investment by paying only for the resources they need and use. Hourly billing will be offered in the near future.
- Immediate Scalability: Services are added in real time to accommodate unexpected or temporary changes in demand, providing exactly the level of IT power and capacity as needed, when needed.
- Ease of Use and Control: Full control via SoftLayer’s Customer Portal and API provides streamlined, simplified management, as well as direct access to all SoftLayer services and tools.
About SoftLayer Technologies
Headquartered in Dallas, SoftLayer is the innovation leader in Cloud, Dedicated, and Managed Hosting, and the largest private hosting company in the world. SoftLayer provides cloud, dedicated, and seamlessly integrated computing environments, with world-class data centers in Dallas, Houston, San Jose, Seattle, and Washington D.C., and network Points of Presence nationwide. The company integrates and automates all elements of its platform, empowering enterprises of any size with complete control, security, scalability, and ease-of-management via a leading Customer Portal and Open API. For more information, please visit www.softlayer.com or call 866.398.7638.