SoftLayer Announces Turnkey Private Clouds
Powered by Citrix CloudPlatform, New Offering Gives Users On Demand, Hosted Private Cloud Deployments
Dallas—June 12, 2012—SoftLayer, a leading provider of global, Internet-scale cloud infrastructure, today unveiled its new SoftLayer Private Clouds solution that provisions and configures full private cloud deployments on demand. These scalable, secure and high-performance deployments leverage the company’s automated architecture, worldwide data center locations and private network, and customer-controlled infrastructure management system.“For some time our customers have used our portfolio of dedicated servers, network resources, and virtualization options to build their own private clouds. Now, with SoftLayer Private Clouds, instead of starting at square one, you can start with your cloud ready for whatever you want to do with it, ,” said Duke Skarda, Chief Technology Officer for SoftLayer. “We’ve built our Private Clouds solution out of our experience creating and managing our own cloud, and our unique capabilities in automating sophisticated deployments. At the push of a button you have a dedicated cloud at your command, with full access and control over every aspect, and the ability to scale infinitely, on demand.”SoftLayer Private Clouds streamlines ordering, enabling customers to simply choose the number of physical servers that they need as client hosts and then customize the configuration and resources for those servers as desired. In as few as two hours, SoftLayer’s automated provisioning system will have automatically:
- Provisioned the client hosts and installed each host’s hypervisor
- Provisioned the cloud’s management server and installed its management system
- Registered the client hosts with the management server
- Completed network configuration and resource management tasks
- On-Demand Scalability: Customers can add physical nodes and virtual servers to their Private Clouds at any time, through the SoftLayer Customer Portal and API.
- Full Management Access and Control: Customers have full control over their private cloud via SoftLayer’s portal, full-featured API and Apache CloudStack management tools.
- Seamless Global Deployment: SoftLayer’s data center footprint and private network enable global Private Clouds deployments with Apache CloudStack zones in each data center controlled from a single pane of glass and centralized management server.
- SoftLayer Object Storage Integration: SoftLayer’s advanced Object Storage solution provides a searchable repository Private Clouds deployments, ideal for sharing virtual machine images, shared files, and other resources that demand high-availability/accessibility.
- Integration with RightScale Cloud Management: SoftLayer Private Clouds can be managed with RightScale cloud management and private cloud solution, RightScale myCloud. This gives customers robust management capabilities including the use of RightScale ServerTemplates, RightScripts, and a variety of additional services such as reporting, chargebacks, and a variety of additional services.
About SoftLayer Technologies
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. Spanning 13 data centers in the United States, Asia and Europe and a global footprint of network points of presence, SoftLayer’s modular architecture provides unparalleled performance and control, with a full-featured API and sophisticated automation controlling a flexible unified platform that seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices, and a global network for secure, low-latency communications. With 100,000 devices under management, SoftLayer is the largest privately held Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider in the world with a portfolio of leading-edge customers from Web startups to global enterprises. For more information, please visit softlayer.com.
Director, Corporate Communications