SoftLayer CDNLayerTM Grows Even Stronger
New Features Add to Content Delivery Network’s Capabilities and Growth
Dallas—February 17, 2009—SoftLayerTM today announced new advanced features for CDNLayer, the company’s proprietary content delivery network. The features can be accessed and controlled through the SoftLayer Customer Portal and API, and include:
- Content Authentication: providing digital transaction control to restrict content access and enable e-commerce solutions.
- Cache Clearing: eliminating cached files from all CDN PoP’s to remove time sensitive material quickly and easily
- SoftLayer’s content access control service, utilizing unique tokens or IP addresses to authorize access
- Flexibility to write their own content access control tools
- FTP access across the SoftLayer private network to load content with unlimited additional bandwidth
- Bandwidth monitoring through CDN PoP
- Origin pull of content for managing content from an origin web server
About SoftLayer Technologies
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, SoftLayer is a best-in-class, infrastructure-as-a-service provider with data centers in Dallas, Seattle, and Washington, DC, and network Points of Presence across the US. SoftLayer integrates and automates all IT elements, allowing customers to create cloud, dedicated, or seamless hybrid computing environments managed through a single interface. Enterprises of any size can have complete control, security, scalability, and ease-of-management in an on-demand IT solution. For more information, please visit www.softlayer.com or call 866.398.7638.