SoftLayer Launches CloudLayerTM Line of Cloud Services
CloudLayerTM Storage and CloudLayerTM CDN Provide Unique Cloud Services for Companies and Individuals
Dallas—May 4, 2009—SoftLayer Technologies today launched CloudLayerTM, a new line of cloud services that brings individuals and enterprises powerful options for dynamically scaling their IT resources, maximizing data accessibility, and optimizing their total cost of IT. Today’s launch introduces CloudLayerTM Storage and CloudLayerTM CDN, with CloudLayerTM Computing to follow.Built on SoftLayer’s core advantages and longtime leadership in automated services, the CloudLayer family provides advantages and capabilities not found with other cloud service providers. Besides operating as standalone solutions, every CloudLayer service can seamlessly interface with SoftLayer’s dedicated servers and automated services to create a fully integrated computing environment controlled through the SoftLayer Customer Portal or API. This provides unprecedented opportunities for interoperability and efficiency.“The capabilities and vision that it takes to do cloud right is where SoftLayer has long proven its expertise,” said Lance Crosby, CEO of SoftLayer. “We aren’t jumping on the cloud bandwagon. We didn’t create CloudLayer to leverage our excess data center capacity. We developed CloudLayer because it’s a natural evolution of what we do. It gives customers the IT they need, when they need it, with all of the flexibility and efficiency of on-demand IT resources without any compromise in performance, security, or control.”Additional CloudLayer benefits include:
- Pay As You Go or Monthly Packages: Monthly billing is based on hourly usage or monthly plans with no long-term commitment, letting customers optimize their return on technology investment by paying only for the resources they need and use. Hourly billing will be offered in the near future.
- Immediate Scalability: Services are added in real time to accommodate unexpected or temporary changes in demand, providing exactly the level of IT power and capacity as needed, when needed.
- Ease of Use and Control: Full control via SoftLayer’s Customer Portal and API provides streamlined, simplified management, as well as direct access to all SoftLayer services and tools.
- Content Management and Monetization Tools: Protects content access and digital rights to maximize return.
- Performance-Neutral Growth: Minimizes the impact that increased content demand makes on delivery speed.
- Broader Geographic Reach: Optimizes the speed and reliability of content delivery regardless of destination.
- High Quality Content and Rich-Media: Allows robust and richer web content without performance sacrifices.
- Support for All File Formats: Upload, store, and share files of any type or size.
- Advanced Security Technologies: 256-bit AES encryption, SSL encryption, role-based permissions, share expiration, and more protect data during transmission and while stored.
- Streamlined Sharing and Linking: Collaboration tools allow users to securely share file access with vendors, customers, family, and friends without moving files from their stored locations.
About SoftLayer Technologies
Headquartered in Dallas, SoftLayer is the innovation leader in Cloud, Dedicated, and Managed Hosting, and the largest private hosting company in the world. SoftLayer provides cloud, dedicated, and seamlessly integrated computing environments, with world-class data centers in Dallas, Houston, San Jose, Seattle, and Washington D.C., and network Points of Presence nationwide. The company integrates and automates all elements of its platform, empowering enterprises of any size with complete control, security, scalability, and ease-of-management via a leading Customer Portal and Open API. For more information, please visit www.softlayer.com or call 866.398.7638.