SoftLayerTM Extends Cloud Services Features
Enhancements to New Product Line Include Hourly Billing for Computing Instances
Dallas—June 8, 2009—SoftLayer TechnologiesTM has added several new features to its recently launched CloudLayerTM line of cloud services. Key among these is hourly billing for CloudLayer Computing instances, now available at:
- 1 Core—$0.15/hour
- 2 Core—$0.25/hour
- 4 Core—$0.35/hour
- 8 Core—$0.50/hour
- Core and RAM
- Uplink port speed (no reboot required)
- Bandwidth allocation (no reboot required)
- Additional disks
- Pay As You Go or Monthly Packages: Monthly billing is based on hourly usage or monthly plans with no long-term commitment, letting customers optimize their return on technology investment by paying only for the resources they need and use. Hourly billing will be offered in the near future.
- Immediate Scalability: Services are added in real time to accommodate unexpected or temporary changes in demand, providing exactly the level of IT power and capacity as needed, when needed.
- Ease of Use and Control: Full control via SoftLayer’s Customer Portal and API provides streamlined, simplified management, as well as direct access to all SoftLayer services and tools.
About SoftLayer Technologies
Headquartered in Dallas, SoftLayer is the innovation leader in Cloud, Dedicated, and Managed Hosting, and the largest private hosting company in the world. SoftLayer provides cloud, dedicated, and seamlessly integrated computing environments, with world-class data centers in Dallas, Houston, San Jose, Seattle, and Washington D.C., and network Points of Presence nationwide. The company integrates and automates all elements of its platform, empowering enterprises of any size with complete control, security, scalability, and ease-of-management via a leading Customer Portal and Open API. For more information, please visit www.softlayer.com or call 866.398.7638.